The OpenWeb.Asia Workgroup launched its website this week at www.openweb.asia. It was initiated by English language Chinese tech blogger Gang Lu at www.mobinode.com. The Workgroup is a network of premium blogs focused on the Asian Web industry. These sites build efficient channels between the Asian web and the global industry, and also enhance the inter-communication of local Internet markets.
At the same time OpenWeb.Asia announced plans for an international tech conference. Called OpenWeb Asia 08, the conference will be the first and largets of its kind in Asia. It is being put together by an organization committee including industry insiders from China, Hong Kong, Korea, the US and Japan:
- Andrew Shuttleworth (IT Entrepreneur, Japan)
- Angus Lau (852 Signal, Hong Kong)
- Arai Shunichi (Asiajin, Japan)
- Benjamin Joffe (Plus8Star, China)
- Bernard Moon (Silicon Moon, US)
- Chang Kim (Web 2.0 Asia, Korea)
- Gang Lu (Mobinode, China)
- Georg Godula (Web2Asia, China)
- Howie Chang (The Digital Movement, Singapore)
- John S. Kim (Paprika Lab, Korea)
- Tangos Chan (China Web 2.0 Review, China)
More details on location, date & program will be announced soon.