Geeks on a Plane East Asia Tour 2009 Kicks Off
Imagine taking some of the smartest, richest, and savviest technology folks from the West, throwing them on a plane and booting them to Asia. Actually, do not imagine it, it is happening. They just gathered at San Francisco Airport to be part of the Geeks on a Plane Tour 2009. Organized by Web2Asia, The Founders Fund and Dave McClure, the tour will include international investors and tech entrepreneurs on a 10 day orientation tour of Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai's Internet, Mobile & Gaming sector.
Here is a little more information about the trip:
- Gain insight into tech & innovation trends coming out of East Asia.
- Meet the startup & tech community in Tokyo, Beijing & Shanghai.
- Understand the current investment climate in each respective city.
- Participate in a pro-entrepreneur and pro-investment initiative during a tough global economy.
Geeks On A Plane is all about leveraging the combined cross border networks of Dave McClure, Founders Fund and Web2Asia to offer attendees an opportunity to accelerate the process of meeting and connecting with key contacts in Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai's tech and investment sector.
In depth crash course on Japan and China's tech sectors. Who are the innovators? Who are the investors? What are the trends?
The opportunity to connect with high caliber people in Japan and China's startup and investment community. In one week, you will meet with a number of great people that usually takes foreign companies, entrepreneurs and investors several years, several trips and multiple layers of relationships and introductions to connect with. Accelerate your cross border business strategies. Find local partners. Invest in new technologies. Gain first hand insight into the role that cross cultural understanding and subtle but important nuances plays in doing business in the Far East.
Each tour stop in Japan and China will offer the opportunity for our tour attendees to connect with the hottest local tech companies, start ups, entrepreneurs and investors via the following formats:
- Tokyo 2.0
- Startonomics conference
- Startup2Startup dinners
- Geeks On A Wall
- Barcamp Shanghai
- VIP dinners and cocktail receptions
- Break out sessions & individual appointments
- Geeks & Glamour After Party - Geeks On A Plane, TEDxShanghai and the Shanghai International Film Festival